Monday, July 7, 2008

Some More B&B Pics

I thought I would take a minute to post a few more pictures from the B&B we stayed at in Wisconsin. We have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but I am sure we will again. My sweet hubby found the place on the internet as a surprise for me. When we pulled up, we were both a tad leery as the buildings had somewhat faded silk flowers in the window boxes, but that was the only thing about the whole stay that wasn't first rate. The suites each had a theme--ours was a loft that looked like a log cabin on the inside. Each step leading up to the loft was stenciled with the words "Grow Old With Me The Best Is Yet To Be" a favorite quote of ours. The grounds were absolutely lovely with little seating areas scattered about. There were large lawn games like chess and checkers and several gazebos overlooking the beautiful garden areas. There were also several double hammocks scattered about the grounds, perfect for relaxing. After delicious cheesecake and coffee were delivered to our suite, we found one of the hammocks to be the perfect place to watch the stars and enjoy the perfect summer evening. It was such a peaceful getaway and neither one of us was ready to leave.





2 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi there,
I saw your comment at Lysa's and had to stop by - since I'm a "Grammy" too!

Your grand-daughter is adorable and the pix from your B&B stay look lovely.

Nice to meet you!:)

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, your pictures are beautiful!!
Kim
www.1danicngwallflower.blogspot.com