Saturday, March 5, 2011

Perfect...

Not perfect pictures...but as I was cleaning off the table from dinner tonight, looking in the living room an overwhelming feeling of contentment came over me. Watching the people I love most in the world, sitting together, doing nothing in particular.

I grabbed my camera and tried to capture the feeling...

But how do you record perfect happiness...
I think this darling little face might be a good start :o)

I was perfectly content watching Aunt Melissa and Olivia spelling words like U N C L E J A S O N

Olivia made us all smile with her rendition of Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on it's way -- YEE HAW!!! Funny girl!

Grandpa with his sweet girl -both perfectly happy!

Olivia was definately not feeling perfect most of this week, but she started to feel better on Friday so the girls got to come stay with us. Olivia decided to take advantage of the situation by dragging out a laundry basket and calling for grandpa to be her chauffeur around the house. Of course, he was perfectly happy to oblige.

Pillow pal and puppy went along for the ride.

From the smile I'd say the ride was the perfect medicine.

Searching for perfection will almost always leave us wanting, but sometimes, like tonight, perfect just sneaks up and takes your breath away leaving few words besides thank you God for these perfectly beautiful blessings!

1 comment:

June Houck said...

Your dear granddaughters are so fortunate to be close to you! I spent a lot of time at both my grandparents' homes as a child. My grandfathers are both gone now...one 6 years ago and one this past November, but I still have both of my grandmothers :) The memories I have of them during my childhood are some of my most cherished!