Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Day for Fun!

Life has been wild here the last few weeks. Lots of dr. appointments, tests and procedures besides the holiday busyness. So far results are all good and things are getting back to our somewhat crazy normal. Monday our adorable granddaughters came back for our regular babysitting day. Grammy was in need of some time to sit and play and that is just what we did.

We were just finishing up breakfast and I was zooming Ella in to "get" Olivia and they were both cracking up. Grandpa grabbed the camera and the result was two of my favorite pictures in a long time.



We played in our tent--


Olivia and I built a castle for puppy. She kept telling me "He's just going to LOVE it!




Ella had some fun with the blocks and grammy had some fun with the camera










It was such a fun day...seeing the pictures makes me look anxious for Friday!

4 comments:

grammy said...

I soooo understand how you love this time.
Just today I was on the floor helping the 3 and 5 year old GD put puzzles together (which I hate by the way (o:) and I said I just can't sit on the floor like this it kills me. The girls both stared at me like I was crazy....then of course said WHY?
answer... BECAUSE I AM OLD (o:
right now they are playing with the super heros and putting them in the dollhouse. 3 year old says to a hero "everybody go up stairs and go potty and don't forget to wash your hands" Love it.

elizabeth said...

Such great pictures of the laughter! And I think the best part of being grandparents is that we don't worry so much about things that "should be done" instead of playing. When Brooklyn is over I play with her totally because I know once she goes home I have more than enough time to clean or anything else that needs to be done.

Dawn said...

Love those first two pix the best! I am not a good playing grandma - my husband is great about that, thank goodness.

June Houck said...

Wow...I can't believe how fast Ella has gone from infant to mobile. Olivia gets prettier and prettier too. I always enjoy your pictures and these are particularly sweet! I love Olivia's new puppy (brother); I'll bet he did enjoy the block castle :)